Is Battery Left on crack?Support

Last Updated:

1. queenrocks77

queenrocks77 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Battery Left was the first thing I installed on my phone when I got it. My battery life has been terrible so I've been trying to track down the problem. I woke up today, unplugged my phone and didn't touch it for an hour. Battery Left says I have 70 percent left but the battery meter in the status bar showed full. I uninstalled battery left and installed Battstatt and it shows 90 percent (2 hours later). Anyone else have problems with battery left? I hope this fixes my battery problem.

Advertisement
  2. RickB

RickB Active Member

No issues here after doing a proper calibration of it. It is pretty accurate for me. Have you tried recalibrating?

3. queenrocks77

queenrocks77 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

How do I do that?

4. Outlaw71

Outlaw71 Well-Known Member

Charge to 100% and then let it drain to shut-off. If you haven't done that then it's only calibrated from the top to where ever it was when you plugged it back in.

5. Justintoxicated

Justintoxicated Well-Known Member

you can view the accuracy of the widget by selecting it in the menu after clicking on the widget.

6. sleepsafe

sleepsafe Well-Known Member

I use BL and I have at times seen it say 70% in the morning after going to bed with the battery fully charged. I didn't believe it and rebooted the phone, having BL then report 98%. So I'm not really sure of he problem, perhaps it's showing what it's predicting the battery should be after the time elapsed, not the actual level of the battery. But I still use it and am pretty happy with the results.

7. kenn

kenn Well-Known Member

Battery Left estimates based on historical usage as well. If you are a "light" user and then hammer the phone one day, BL won't even be in the ballpark. I used it for a while but it's really just another gadget to play with IMO. I'm better off with just looking at the stock "meter" which reads the actual battery rather than estimating. I know exactly where I am and if I need to find a charger or I'm good to go.