• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root is cyanogenmod 7 possible on Micromax A75?

Cyanogenmod 7 booted, after completing boot animations.
But didn't showed up anything after the initial vibration.
And then, the screen flicked and mobile went off.... or seemed like off.

After that what i remember is, even if the cell was off it constantly got hotter and hotter. And when the battery was just about to blow, about 73.5 degree Celsius on my heat gun. I pulled it out and ran for my life towards my Air Conditioner....

Now the trick was, I kept the same boot.img of A75 Stock.... then of course kernel was same. But what I did was, I used the System.img file made from the script i don't remember the name. It's a common script on xda forums used to make android image files.

Then I flashed the whole fresh package of A75 via SP Flash Tools. But here again a hitch, I followed this sequence...

First press the Format+Download
Then again press Download
Then again Format+Download
and then Finally Download

this all was done without the PRELOADED ticked up.

Also, if i didn't do that above mentioned sequence, the phone didn't even start up.

I hope this information helps you all....
I still wish I had a A75... :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones