• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is Dell Streak 7 worth it?

Staples now has the Dell Streak 7 for $300, and that is now only $200, because of their coupon for $100 off.
I need a portable tablet with GPS, Wifi, official Google Android Market, and a multi-touch capacitive screen, and the Dell Streak 7 seems to have it all.

Does it also have a good Google calendar? I very much need a calendar that I can use when offline, and then sync online when at a Wifi spot.
(It doesn't need to be the Google calendar. It just needs to be available to me offline, and then sync when online. )

Does it run all the other official Google apps, like Maps and Navigation?

This would be worth it to me if it works well as a GPS for driving, and for amateur hiking. (I know that Google maps has terrain maps; these might be useful.)

Any problems or issues with the Dell Streak 7 that I should know about before purchasing?

Any suggestions for alternative Android tablets <= $300?

Thanks much,

Robert

I just pick up one for 200 at staples with the coupon. I have to say i am impressed. I really wanted to get a 10 inch tab such as iconia or transformer but decided to save 100 bucks and try out the streak. It seems to have everything that a normal droid phone running 2.2.2. About the only thing you do not have is a 3g radio. Everything else is there, calendars included.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones