1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Is development on this rom dead?

1. McChazo

McChazo Active Member

been quite awhile since hearing anything :(

Advertisement
  2. hgoldner

hgoldner Well-Known Member

Check Virtuous ROM. He posted yesterday.

He apparently plans to update within the week.

I'm wondering whether the release of Gingerbread to AOSP will spur him to incorporate any Gingerbreadedness.

Addendum 12/18/10 -

If you go to the Virtuous forum on xda-developers' forum, he has already posted the changelog, and said 3.2 is dropping any minute.
  3. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Guides Guide

As RMK has repeatedly said, the virtuous rom will never be a "port" rom, and will always be based off official releases. So further development of this Rom depends on HTC/Verizon providing the updates, then RMK will tweak/optimize them.
  4. mrjinglesusa

mrjinglesusa Well-Known Member

3.2 is out.

However, there are multiple reports (myself included) of the update causing boot loops. I would hold off on upgrading.
  5. hgoldner

Following along on the Virtuous thread at xda-developers, I learned that the problem with 3.2 is that it requires HBOOT v. 0.92. Installs with earlier versions were resulting in boot loops.

The update dialogue via ROM Manager now reminds you that you have to update to HBOOT 0.92 before you update to 3.2.

Since I already had HBOOT 0.92, I did the update to Virtuous 3.2 and it's running just fine, thank you very much.
  6. icedrop

icedrop Member

Same here, running 3.2 since yesterday. Had a pretty heavy day of use for the phone and have not encountered any problems as of yet.
  7. bmabry

bmabry Member

Running Virt 3.2 for about a week now and no issues. Flashed the circular_battery update and the 6 bar signal strength meter with no problems.

Does anyone know if you can use the Revolution Theme with Virt 3.2 or does applying that theme roll out a lot of the fixes?
  8. jbuck1984

jbuck1984 Well-Known Member

can you link the circular battery update?
  9. hgoldner

10. bmabry

bmabry Member

11. bmabry

bmabry Member

Thanks hgoldner!

I knew about this link but read in the HTC Incredible forum that the theme in this link overwrites many of the bug fixes included in Virt 3.2. I was trying to verify if that is true. Do you know?
  12. hgoldner

The "Theme" is a new wrapper for the ROM. That means the ROM's "features" such as no location icon when location is off in the notification bar might be overwritten by the theme's settings.

However, you can always load a theme then mod it back to the way you want it by changing notification icons, etc. You just have to be patient and experiment because not all mods play nicely. For instance, I first tried a different approach to the circular battery icons and got force closes. I backed out and used the set above and everything is fine.