• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is Droid Bionic getting a dock?

mahashel

Nov 10, 2009
Hey everyone,
I have an OG Droid, which I still love, but am looking forward to the Bionic as my next leap forward. One feature I really love about my Droid is the dock. It's become an indispensable part of my daily routine to have the phone on my nightstand as my alarm clock.
Does anybody know if the Bionic will be getting a dock? Most Moto phones have a dock option. Haven't heard anything about the Bionic yet though.
I'll likely still consider the phone if there's no dock, but it would be a nice bonus if one is supported at launch.

I also love my dock for my d1 and I have one for the car. I first got a dock for my storm and I really can't imagine having another phone without one. I read somewhere that all moto phones will now support docking so I would think so. But honestly if they don't offer one I may look at other options....

Upvote 0
I also love my dock for my d1 and I have one for the car. I first got a dock for my storm and I really can't imagine having another phone without one. I read somewhere that all moto phones will now support docking so I would think so. But honestly if they don't offer one I may look at other options....

I have a dock for my OG, but I don't utilize it as much as I should. This is b/c it was never intended to be used with Droids with cases. This is my fault as I loved the idea of a dock and bought it when I got the phone. There were third-party dealers that made them, but as I already had one I didn't see buying one.

That said, I do hope that they do come out with a dock, and when they do, I'll wait for one to be made that's compatible with a case.

Upvote 0
Of all the phones I've had in the past, the X is the first that I've bought a dock for. I really like it and would like to have it with my future phones but it's not a deal breaker. (If I like the Bionic)

As I said, I didn't have a dock with any of my previous phones and survived.

Of all the phones available now or in the forseable future, the Bionic would be my choice. However I'm not eligible to upgrade until 3/12, so I'm pretty sure there will be an even more awesome LTE phone available then.... like maybe the Droid Viper?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones