Is Droid Incredible Dead?

Last Updated:

1. tjamscad

tjamscad Member This Topic's Starter

Hi I am new to the forum. I have an issue. I just bought the droid increadble on Tuesday. Today it started being wierd. I believe it has the slcd screen. I was rooted, and used ninja morph to remove some bloat. It was great untill i rebooted and I had lost the bloat and the scence and gmail stuff didnt work. So i thought i could just re-flash and get everything back no problem right ; wrong. I tried several Roms and nothing would flash. I then copied all the \system\app stuff from the clockwork mod update file. So i had everything back where it need to be and nothing showed up in the app drawer. Titainm backup and rom manager have been no help. I then installed and loaded a 140MB PB1IMG.zip that was suppose to be a official leak. So i put it on my sd card, hboot, and great it working. It turned off not reboot. It turned off, black screen, nothing. If i remove the battery and charger then put the battery in and the charger I get the orange light. If i hold vol up and power i get the qULCOM 3 vibrating thing. IF i hold vol down and power nothing. If i just push the power it vibrates makes a clicking sound must have a drive inside and vibrates one more time followed by more clicking. still black and nothing after that. I am leaving it on the charger tonight. If there is a shred of hope please share.

off subject i love the similar too on the when creating a topic

Advertisement
  2. dragonsamus

dragonsamus Well-Known Member

Sounds like you might have removed something important. Dumb suggestion but have you tried a hard reset?

3. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Not many roms are released with the slcd compatible kernel, meaning you will need to flash a rom, then immediately flash the slcd kernel before restarting in order for three rom to work properly.

4. tjamscad

Yes, Hard reset is a no go. The screen is black how can i load a rom and then load a kernal

5. itbedave

itbedave Well-Known Member

FWIW - Don't know what the clicking is, as there is no "drive" of any kind (mechanical anyway) inside the Dinc. You are probably hearing a repetitive audio glitch.

6. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Clicking sound is the camera test at start up, it's normal.

If you don't even get output to the screen in recovery (hold down vol + pwr), then out would need to be warranty replaced wherever you bought it from.

7. tjamscad

Thanks, I figured that was my only option. Is there a sticky about the different screen not working witht the same kernal that i missed.

If i plug the phone into the computer and do the vol up paower thing the computer see it and wants to load drivers is that possible? Qualcom cdma technoliges msm. if i just plug it in and turn it on after the first vibrate the sd and phone storage show up but i can't access them from my computer

8. tjamscad

is it possible to use adb to push a file to the droid? Can i use adb to acess the phone?

9. tjamscad