is droid incredible faster?

Last Updated:

1. JOFOX

JOFOX Active Member This Topic's Starter

I feel that my incredible is way faster the Evo sometimes takes a sec to open the menu or switch screens anybody noticed it?

Advertisement
  2. gabbott

gabbott Well-Known Member

3. lyons238

lyons238 Well-Known Member

go to youtube and type in incredible vs evo. theres a speed comparison and the evo wrecks the incredible. i dont think its under clocked either but i could be wrong.

4. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

In videos on you tube, the EVO wins. But I have em both and the incredible is faster is every way. Internet speed is about a second or two faster with the incredible, and the phone just feels snapier moving around from app to app. I thought they were pretty much the same inside, so I don't know why the incredible would have more pep?

5. JOFOX

I gotta say web browsing is really fast on 3g! I even have VZW netbook and when I use the Evo hotspot I could swear its faster than VZW broadband! But navigating through the phone sorry but incredible is smoother faster

6. JOFOX

I agree Sean I have them both incredible is faster I have half the apps in my Evo and still feels slower

7. gabbott

Read the link I posted above. One of the admins at androidcentral mentions how they underclocked the CPU on the EVO which would explain why the incredible feels faster.

8. navigatn

navigatn Member

Yep, incredible is faster with apps. I have them both and have been constantly testing the evo from day 1.

9. autorail1

autorail1 Well-Known Member

It is for sure. I tryed many things in comparison and every time the Incredible is done 1st.

10. njbianco

njbianco Well-Known Member

11. zpilot

zpilot Well-Known Member

The Incredible is faster than the Evo no doubt about it. I can tell by how much the Evo lags compared to the Incredible.

12. ogwilson

ogwilson Well-Known Member

I don't have an incredible myself but the reviews i did watch seemed to make the phone look faster than the EVO. but only marginally.

Still, the EVO is damn fast. Anyone thinks the performance could be hampered by the OS having to push graphics to a larger screen? I'm not really technically savvy when it comes to this stuff, but it just seemed like that would be a logical explanation. Otherwise, I'll just blame it on all the bloatware we have to deal with when it comes to Sprint phones.

13. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

Maybe Froyo fixes this...cause the lag on the EVO is annoying.

14. teky

teky Well-Known Member

The incredible doesn't suffer from the 30fps capping problem that the EVO has...that is probably why the Incredible feels faster. God I hope HTC acks that and fixes it...it's embarrassing.

As far as underclocking the CPU...that's the first I've heard of it. I've seen posts in the thread where it was posted that it was not true. I doubt it is true...that's a major selling point of the phone...to underclock would make that a blatant lie.

15. twospirits

twospirits AF's janitor Moderator

I could be wrong, but the underclocking is when you are not using your phone or any apps on the phone. As it is right now it seems that it stays at the max amount. Reducing it when you are not using the device would/should save you battery life.

But again, I could be wrong in my interpretation of the data.

TS

16. adseguy

adseguy Well-Known Member

I think the major problem is the 30fps combined with the lag in the multitouch. Download "Multitouch Visible test" from the market and you'll see what I mean when you compare it to an INC. All phones have there problems, I don't find the EVOs bad enough to deny it's awesome features. If it bothers you enough...return it :)

17. BetterMost

BetterMost Banned

I dont notice a difference at all. Maybe you just have a stronger signal with Verizon.

18. mobilemaniac

mobilemaniac Well-Known Member

Just piling on. Yes, the Incredible is faster. I still prefer the EVO. I hope with some tweaking, the EVO can be as snappy as the Incredible.

19. evotitans

evotitans Well-Known Member

Seriously if waitng a couple seconds more is a major problem to you then you have issues in life.

Even it the incredible is faster, there is a huge difference in screens and the fact that the Evo runs an extra radio.

Seriously a second or more in your life is not that much valuable when using a smartphone.

20. gabbott

It is ok :) Nobody was saying it was a dealbreaker, just a discussion on some observations.

21. JOFOX

Thank you gabbott for clarifying that couple of seconds wasn't an issue for me lol

Yeah definitely incredible is a lil faster but I'm still in love with my Evo wish the internal memory was like 8gb

22. Sketchr

Sketchr VIP Member VIP Member

That would be my guess - the signal.

23. lyons238

idk my friend has an incredible and mine loads web pages faster in 3g. also opens up a few apps faster. although at times i have noticed a slight bit of lag with the evo. i think it has to do with software though.

24. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

For right now, I'm gonna say the Incredible is the better phone, seeing as it has matching graphics drivers for it's chipset, whereas ours doesn't, which cripples our phones immensely.

Until HTC purchases the proper graphics drivers from Qualcom, the Incredible will be superior to our phone, I.M.O. What's the point of having a multi-media focused phone with all this reliance on video related things as it's selling point if it can't even display the video right?

25. lyons238

how cant it display the video right? looks fine to me lol...actually looks damn good imo...