Is EVO as easy to use 1-handed as a BB?

Last Updated:

1. RazorV

RazorV New Member This Topic's Starter

Just wondering how easy it is to use one handed like a Blackberry? With one hand I can do 90% of everything I need (except text efficiently). Can you do this with the EVO?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. unwallflower

unwallflower Well-Known Member

I CAN use the Evo one-handed, but it's a bit awkward because of the size. The Blackberry was definitely easier to use one handed for me. I'm a girl, so I have pretty small hands... I think that has a lot to do with it. It hasn't affected my productivity at all though.

3. Joppie

Joppie Well-Known Member

Coming from a Tour, I'd say its not as easy... again because of the size. I'm trying to get good at using Swype with one hand. Doesn't matter though, I feel like I went from Yugo to a Ferrari with the EVO.

4. Vincent Law

Vincent Law Well-Known Member

If you have big hands, sure. There's nothing in Android that's inherently bad for one-handed use, but the size is what might get you.

5. bc_co

bc_co Member

No

6. Oridus

Oridus Well-Known Member

I've been using it one handed on purpose with swype just to get used to the size. So far I'm getting used to it very fast.

Navigation and texting with one hand get easier every day.

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G using Tapatalk Pro.

7. kathrynhr

kathrynhr Well-Known Member

Agreed. I'm sure it depends on the size of your hands, but for me, the answer is flat-out "No"

8. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

Just tested a live one again during my lunch break at BB:

1. I have medium hands and it is too big for one hand function. The BB dude in the phone section had HUGE hand and had no problem.

2. The EVO had a neat purple case on it, but made it even bigger.

One hand operation of this device with less than big meaty paws is a recipe for heartbreak, via a dropped EVO.

9. ethemartian

ethemartian Member

I have big hands and I find it hard to use with one hand for anything related to text input, coming from an 8330, I def. miss the physical keyboard. When it comes to web browsing, using the phone and making calls it is def. easy to use one handed for me, even faster and easier than any blackberry. You gain some you lose some I guess :)

10. zpilot

zpilot Well-Known Member

I'm surprised no one mentioned anything about the weight. The evo feels like a brick after writing a 2 minute email.

11. RiverOfIce

RiverOfIce Banned

I have smallish hands and can do it. but find I cover up the antenna assembly. But can do it.

12. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

So then you have long thumbs, or just real great sense of balance? ;)

Seriously, I tried, but can not reach the top corner areas, unless I position the device to the point of no support (about to fall and hanging off of my palm). I am surprised how much bigger it seems with a silicon case.

Still, MAN I luv that kickstand! My N900 has a cheap, flimsy piece of junk plastic. EVO kickstand is killa'!

Wish my Inc had this sweet kickstand :(

13. looneylu

looneylu Well-Known Member

lol... i feel like the guy from the burger king commercial who refuses to eat the delicious burger because of his small hands.... I LOVE THE PHONE THOUGH