• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Is Flash in the browser pissing anyone else off?

mihalich

Android Enthusiast
Nov 23, 2009
South Orange County, CA
Flash seems almost unusable to me in the browser. I'm using beta 3.

It totally takes over the whole browser when you load a page with flash in it. In most cases you can't drag/scroll horizontally on the pages, as any click registers as a click in the flash window.

In Dolphin, you can use the volume button to scroll the page vertically, but it doesn't help, cuz if the whole page is flash, you still can't scroll horizontally.

Also, clicking around in the flash window seems to provide random results based on the content. Like, on some pages, click on the window with a video doesn't display the video controls like pause/play/volume, etc.

Anyway, I'm not happy at all with the functionality. The only thing I can say positive about it is that almost every flash site I have gone to loads, and does function to some degree when all I need to do is click on the buttons or menus on the flash app in the page.

Am I missing something?

- Joe

I haven't had any issues with Dolphin HD 2.0 while using flash. What ROM are you using?

I prefer the stock browser (just miss the CM fullscreen mode) but flash works great. I'd repeat the question... what ROM are you using? Flash is what I've been looking forward to for a long time and now that I've go it, I've been pretty happy with the way it works.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
I prefer the stock browser (just miss the CM fullscreen mode) but flash works great. I'd repeat the question... what ROM are you using? Flash is what I've been looking forward to for a long time and now that I've go it, I've been pretty happy with the way it works.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Ahh, is that where I saw the stock fullscreen mode, on CM? LOL, I knew I saw it somewhere. I was on CM 5.0.7.1 before I switched to a 2.2 ROM.

I'm running Kangerade 1.1 right now.

Flash works for, that's not what I'm saying. My main issue is that when the flash portion of the page consumes more than the screen width in dolphin, 90% of the time I cannot scroll left or right. I seem to be able to scroll better in the stock browser.

Joe

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones