is flash with 2.2 only?

Last Updated:

1. purrpledank

purrpledank Member This Topic's Starter

I guess i was wondering with the recent official statement that 2.2 will include flash, does that mean rooters will have to accept the OTA update to get flash capabilities?

Advertisement
  2. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

no you will just have to get a 2.2 rom. They will be out long before the OTA Im sure. Motorola is slow

3. ballisticn8

ballisticn8 Well-Known Member

is flash being included for sure on the new incredible? I thought they were touting Flash Lite as one of the features on it?

4. ska.t73

ska.t73 Well-Known Member

Yep it is just Flash lite on the incredible... the Falsh we are waiting for is 10.1... It is suppose to be out sometime in May I believe...

5. ballisticn8

ballisticn8 Well-Known Member

yeah i signed up on the adobe website a few weeks back i think to try the flash beta but even getting flash lite would be better than nothing right?

6. ska.t73

This is true... I signed up for the beta as well, hoping it doesn't go into the same bin that all my beta sign ups go... :p

7. dmodert66

dmodert66 Well-Known Member

From the way Google is making it sound over the last few days, Flash 10.1 will be included IN Froyo (2.2). But their language is a bit ambiguous so I'm still not 100% sure...

8. yournamepenor

yournamepenor Well-Known Member

so theres already talk of a 2.2 update for droid. i would love flash.

9. dmodert66

dmodert66 Well-Known Member

I would be willing to bet that they will have the N1's and Droids given out for Google IO in May updated to 2.2. If that is the case, some people that are going to Google IO are hackers (rom bakers)....I would bet an image of 2.2 is on the net before IO is over...LOL...If not, soon after. Google would make ALOT of friends if VZW/Tmob release the update starting at the beginning of IO, but we will see what happens...

10. s1ckGhost

s1ckGhost Well-Known Member

Difference between Flash lite and Flash 10.1, anyone? plz thanks in advance.

11. ska.t73

From what I understand Flash lite is the dumbed down version of Flash on your desktop... It wont play most of the Flash content (for instance Hulu)... Flash 10.1 is the full blown desktop Flash on your phone...

s1ckGhost likes this.
  12. s1ckGhost

s1ckGhost Well-Known Member

oh sweet jebus.....

13. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

Flash Lite 4 is a huge let down, even compared to Flash Lite 3.1. Things missing in Flash Lite 4 compared to Flash Lite 3.1:

1. No full screen video function (zooming vids in webpage looks blocky compared to full screen with native video file resolution)
    2. None of the game sites or games that work with Flash 3.1 work with 4 (most need a keyboard anyways).
    3. You can not launch games and vids straight from file manager (astro). Perhaps this is an Android contraint. Works for Archos 5 and N900.

Skyfire works with more videos and can be ran in full screen. Looks much better than Flash Lite 4 and nice bridge until Flash 10.1 is released.

I was stunned, since fully expected version 4 to be at least as good as 3.1.

14. Turbo Ninja CPA

Turbo Ninja CPA Active Member

Adobe CTO says Flash 10.1 for Android in June -- will Froyo follow suit? -- Engadget

Just read this on engadget. Looks like Flash is going to rollout in June which would make sense with the 1st half of the year that has been rumored. So it looks like Flash may come first then 2.2 would come next. Engadget also predicted that 2.2 would be rolled out during the Google I/O thing in May so go figure but atleast we may get Flash in a couple of months.

15. radikal

radikal Well-Known Member

rumor is that flash is in june, just like the above poster said... beta users could get it in may i suspect