Is "Foce Closing" enough for Sprint to exchange my EVO?

Last Updated:

1. BOOGIE_BOTZ

BOOGIE_BOTZ Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I purchased an EVO a couple of weeks ago, so I'm still within the 30 day return policy. A couple of my apps are force closing quite often, such as Friendstream which won't even open. Is that enough for Sprint to exchange out my phone? Would they give me any BS?

Advertisement
  2. newone757

newone757 Well-Known Member

they probably just gonna hard reset it and send you on your way

3. evojoel

evojoel Well-Known Member

No

4. bunnymud

bunnymud Well-Known Member

jah...when things get buggy, power down and restart before throwing your hands up in the air

like you just don't care

Edit: even a batt pull???

5. sagedil

sagedil Well-Known Member

Another thing. Do you maybe have a bad app causing these symptoms??

It is not always a bad phone. All options should maybe be investigated before jumping to that conclusion??

6. sagedil

sagedil Well-Known Member

Last thing. You need NO excuse to return phone within 30 days. None.

Now you want them to give you another just cause you feel like?? Then maybe not.

7. mak916

mak916 Well-Known Member

I know for a fact that a bad app can mess up your phone. What you can do is delete your apps and reinstall them. I had a problem with Fring. It was messing up my camera. I uninstalled it, then reinstalled it, and now it works fine. If you really want to take it back, like someone said you don't need a reason. You are with in your 30 days.You can tell them you want to return the phone and that's it. But why would you want to return the best phone on the market today?

8. teky

teky Well-Known Member

Why would it? As others have said, having a bad app installed could easily explain this. This is not a reliable indicator of a hardware failure.

Believe me...there are some really bugged apps out there. That is the most likely cause of your problems.

9. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

All new users I've seen are making this mistake; DO NOT INSTALL LOOKOUT. You DO NOT CURRENTLY need anti-virus on your friggin' phone. It'll just fug up all your other applications and cause mass failures and FC's. Don't use it.

10. superlinkx

superlinkx Active Member

Like most said, bad apps can do it. Sounds like some system apps, so here's my advice. Hard reset. Then carefully reinstall apps, especially ones that aren't very popular. DO NOT install any task killers. I'm thinking your killing tasks that shouldn't be killed and its destroying your system. Task killers aren't good for Android, no matter how you use them and eventually deteriorate the system, causing lots of issues later on. Android automatically takes care of background apps, and usually they don't use anything but memory. Android will kill off what isn't needed and generally speed up the system. Just let it do its thing for a few days, and Android will keep you running faster and with more battery than you've ever seen before. Just turn off background syncing on apps you don't use very often and you'll be fine on battery. Again, this kind of force closing usually is the result of task killers. For returning the phone, you can do that for no reason at all, but I don't think you can exchange it for another Evo. You need physical issues to have it replaced under manufacturer warranty.

11. Clipp

Clipp Well-Known Member

If you're new to Android, I suggest investigating this issue by checking all of your apps... if that doesn't work, hard reset. I can't imagine it would persist after those two steps. Then again, I think friendstream is overrated and i don't use it, so I don't know if it's buggy or not ha.

If you really wanted to exchange it, I'm sure you can find other flaws besides software related issues... ;)