Is Froyo 2.2 blocking use of a Task Killer?Support

Last Updated:

1. Gotta Be Mac

Gotta Be Mac Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've read a few posts in other forums where 2.2 doesn't allow you to kill apps with a Task Killer, can anyone confirm or deny?

Please no task killer arguments! Just curious whether it still allows you to use one, lol.

Advertisement
  2. designer43

designer43 Member

Works fine on my D1 running FRG01B.

3. jbhumph

jbhumph Well-Known Member

I was discussing battery life in another thread and removed ATK after installing 2.2 since I had heard many people were having troubles with ATK on 2.2

My battery dropped like a lead balloon when I was barely using it. I re-installed ATK and had my settings just like I did before 2.2. I'm almost 14 hours unplugged and still reading 90%....so yes, I would say that ATK seems to be working for me since that's the ONLY thing I have changed

Gotta Be Mac likes this.
  4. labeledbass

labeledbass Well-Known Member

I haven't uninstalled/reinstalled since my update and I'm having troubles with ATK, kinda - you can select and kill apps but as soon as you do it closes the app, BUT the selected apps still close. You just have to reopen ATK, soon you will start seeing the apps popping up again so I haven't really been killing away at em, battery life is much better with or without ATK honestly.

5. mwpeck

mwpeck Well-Known Member

I noticed no difference in battery life with ATK, but I also keep a handle on the apps I install/use, so I know I do not have any apps that kill battery if ignored.

That being said, ATK should still work on Froyo, I haven't used it but I do have it on my phone just in case anything tries to hammer it.