1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Is Galaxy Ace still worth gettingGeneral

1. Pothers

Pothers Well-Known Member

Hi,

I would like to know from the people who own the Galaxy Ace if it's still worth getting.

I'm thinking of upgrading my 2 sons mobiles, so am after a couple of cheap android phones. There is some good deals on pay monthly on the Ace. I know it's getting on a bit now but I can't afford much more than

Advertisement
    :
  2. ayush29k

ayush29k Well-Known Member

No, ACE is an early 2011 model and even the new variants aren't much different.
    You won't get the latest software updates by samsung, samsung is really bad at after sales software support for older models but if you are into rooting and stuff and don't mind using unofficial releases then you can think about ace. But the rate at which softwares are updating these days, within next 2 years ace will become extremely out dated.
    It'd be better if you go for some other model, maybe ace plus or ace 2 if it fits your budget. There are many good sony phones within similar price range but with better software support, you can look into those.
  3. Pothers

Pothers Well-Known Member

ayush29k, thanks for your reply.

As I mentioned in my op I would be rooting to sort out the low memory issues, so installing a custom rom is an option. Although I was hoping to leave it stock if everything else is working ok.

My main issue is cost. The ace 2 is not available on Tesco mobile and even if it was I can't imagine it would be at my budget. The only way I can consider putting my kids on a contract would be if it was capped. And I'm not in a position to go out and buy 2 phones on pay as you go and still have to fork out
  4. ayush29k

ayush29k Well-Known Member

Pothers likes this.