Is getting a G1 from eBay safe?General

Last Updated:

1. Goooooooooogle

Goooooooooogle Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Assuming I'm buying from a seller with a decent amount of feedback, is it safe to buy a G1 from eBay? Are there any scams going around with them?

I know this is probably a stupid question, but it seems that the only way for me to get a G1 without paying a stupid amount of money for the Dev Phone is to get a used G1 from eBay so I need to make sure I don't waste ~

Advertisement
  2. skagae711

skagae711 New Member

Okay, I'm new to this, and I have no idea how to make my own thread or whatever the hell it is, so I'm doing it via reply, because it refers to my question.

I really want a G1, but I can't buy a contract, I have bad credit.
    So, this guy on ebay is selling his unlocked G1 for $150. It's in good condition, but he said that it doesn't turn on, and that it could be either the battery or just the phone itself.

Should I buy this, try to fix it, and just return it if there's no hope for it?

And also, has anyone with a G1 had this problem? Like, the not turning back on. And how do you turn it back on

3. shivers316

shivers316 Godmember VIP Member

To answer the OP, I haven't heard of any scams so as long as you pay with Paypal, you'll be covered with buyer protection if you in fact get scammed.

To answer the second post: If the seller is selling it "as is" I doubt he'll let you return it if you can't get it to work.

Safest way to buy things in my opinion lately has been Craigslist. That way, you get to touch and see the product in person and test it and make sure you're satisfied with what you are getting.