Is google site still selling Nexus One?

Last Updated:

1. sabbasolo

sabbasolo New Member This Topic's Starter

If so, can I use proxy or something to order from overseas with a USA credit card and shipping address ? If not, where can I buy one (actually two) of the ATT models without a contract? thanks

Advertisement
  2. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

Hi Sabbasolo,

Yes you can :) Just go to the Google's Nexus One website: Nexus One Phone - Web meets phone.

I don't understand what a proxy is. You can simply order it from any country, and it should be fine. You don't need to use a USA credit card or a US shipping address if that's what you mean.

All of the Nexus One phones are unlock and contractless as you're buying it from Google and not a carrier.

Google has announced that it will be closing the Google Store 'soon' so if you're intending to buy, don't dally, else it'll be too late ;)

Hope that answers your questions,

Cheers,
    -Roze-

3. Teknologic

Teknologic Well-Known Member

The nexus one still isn't available to buy directly in most countries AFAIK. But I've heard stories of people succeeding with the method you described (although Google should be able to see through most proxies but I don't think they really mind).

4. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

Oh...opps my bad :eek: Didn't realize that.

5. freeg1unlockcodes

freeg1unlockcodes Member

6. ianr

ianr Well-Known Member

Might be worth mentioning where in the world you live..

7. cabinets

cabinets Well-Known Member

Just curious, did you look on Google's website? That's where you'll find your answer.

8. sabbasolo

sabbasolo New Member This Topic's Starter

They don't sell directly to most countries, including Israel where I live. Of course I checked their faqs, but they block using IP geolocation. I suspect that the reason is taxes and things, and possibly also agreements with HTC. Even though Google has a nice software development center a few miles from my home. Since I don't normally use proxies, I was asking the forum if the effort to set something up was worthwhile, or if I would get blocked later by some other check. Thanks for the replies, my reluctance with ebay is due to wanting the ATT model specifically, and two devices. thanks

9. celuloco

celuloco Member

I bought mine from Switzerland with a local credit card and they did not care. Try hotspot shield and a us shipping address, it should be enough.

10. phlojo

phlojo Well-Known Member

I got mine about 2 weeks ago. You can't order it in Romania; not from Google, that is. I was able to find it after some searching. There are always small online stores that sell all sorts of cell phones (iPhones, N1s... you name it). A good place to start is your local ShopMania website (www.shopmania.<country>, using .ch for Switzerland, .fr for France, .de for Germany, etc.) Good luck!