Is GPS use 3g ?

Last Updated:

1. daria

daria New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

I got a HTC legend recently so I'm new to Android so I have a newbie question. As I'm traveling to France soon, I would use the GPS function but I wonder if this function uses the 3G network. I have a 500MB data plan so I could exceed my limits quickly if the GPS function uses 3G.

By the way, I love my new phone and I am very please by Android. Much better than the IPhone.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Fish-Bone

Fish-Bone Well-Known Member

Depends on what navigation youre using. If you got google maps - ofcourse it uses your network connection to download maps. if you got some sat nav that has its maps already saved on SD card, then no problems.

And probably your 500mb are only for your country. If you are roaming, every mb costs extra (should be about 2euro/mb).

P.S. people, is it SO hard to first skim through other topics in the forum, then ask? There was a identical topic about 3 lines below.. http://androidforums.com/htc-legend/110539-igo-gps-mobile-network-problem.html

3. daria

daria New Member This Topic's Starter

I saw this other thread but I don't think it's the same thing. I disabled 3G in my settings and it doesn't turn on when I use the GPS function.

Thanks