Is HDMI not working after 2.2?Support

Last Updated:

1. alnova1

alnova1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have never used the HDMI out but i decided to try it out and it keeps saying that there is no cable detected. I also have Real HDMI and it doesnt work either. I have read where Real HDMI is not working with 2.2 update and has been pulled from the market but is the HDMI not working even for the gallery? I am rooted and was on the leaked 2.2 and it didnt work so I tried the zapX rom and it still doesn't work. I'm sure its not a root issue so is anyone else have this problem?

Advertisement
  2. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

I'm still on the 2.2 leak and real HDMI works fine for me. I was just playing SNES on my tv using real HDMI a couple days ago :D

3. alnova1

Is there something im doing wrong? I just bought the cable ..could it be that? Is there a setting im missing?

4. JubbaTheHutt

JubbaTheHutt Well-Known Member

From what I've read, there seems to be some issues with certain cables not working properly, mainly purchased from eBay.

I've also read reports of people having to switch between the settings (some claiming the 720p setting only gives them the option to display video).

alnova1 likes this.
  5. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

I have heard some people have had problems with certain cables, not sure which ones though. I just bought a micro HDMI to HDMI adapter on eBay for like $5 and it works.

Plug in your DX and make sure the proper input is selected on your tv. When you do that "HDMI Detected" in real HDMI should say yes. Then hit "on" at the top of the screen to push your phone screen to your tv. If "detected" never changes to yes then it is probably your cable.

alnova1 likes this.
  6. alnova1

I will be home in a bit and try it. The cable is from Verizon store where I live.

7. alnova1

Thanks for the help guys. I hooked it up to my computer monitor that has an HDMI input and it works fine. I guess I have some kind of issue with my HDMI input on the front of my tv. It Works! :D