Is Htc Desire really coming to Metro pcs?

1. July03

July03 Well-Known Member

I Read that it will be coming sometime this month. If not true, does anyone know what other phones will (or might) be coming to metro in the near future?

Advertisement
  2. ElasticNinja

ElasticNinja Well-Known Member

That's impossible
  3. July03

July03 Well-Known Member

How come?
  4. ElasticNinja

Metro is CDMA, Desire GSM :p
  5. 1500cc

1500cc Well-Known Member

There's a CDMA version of the Desire. I think US Celluar has been selling it.
  6. ElasticNinja

Different chipset so its a different phone to the Desire then. Old phone too
  7. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

The Bravo and Bravoc are architectually different, but they are classed as the same phone. Unlike the Hero, there is no CDMA sub forum here though.
  8. ElasticNinja

Thats interesting. Never heard of it before...
  9. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Hang around here in the rooting forum for a while and you'll see it mentioned. There arent many (only a few carriers) that supply CDMA Desires. The development community befind it is miniscule compared to the GSM version.
  10. July03

July03 Well-Known Member

I'm obsessed with new phones/technology; I just wish metro had more phones coming about more often. Anyways, I've been looking around; I'm pretty sure that the desire was just a nasty rumor. On the bright side, I did find something that sounded less like a rumor and more like the truth. Supposedly the "LG Bryce" has "passed the fcc" and recently- around july 14th or 15th- and will be coming to metro in the 4th quarter, october-december '11. Does anyone have any more info on this? I know metro is very secretive about stuff, but maybe someone has some inside info ;]