Is HTC Sprint unlockable

Last Updated:

1. htp13

htp13 Member This Topic's Starter

hi,
    just want to know, is the HTC Sprint unlockable and can be used for other CDMA carriers? by remote code...

Advertisement
  2. Joehunni

Joehunni Well-Known Member

I don't believe this is possible with the Hero.

3. Monkeypox

Monkeypox Member

If you get your MSL code, you can unlock it.

4. htp13

htp13 Member This Topic's Starter

Just got the phone, the phone has no sim card slot, so its impossible to unlock. But I think it can be used on other CDMA networks.

5. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands VIP Member

I believe you are correct about using it with other carriers. There are a few other carriers who use the sprint version of the hero branded to their network... (bluegrass cellular is one that comes to mind...) If you search for that carrier here, and at XDA-developers you may be able to find a definitive answer.

6. cooolone2

cooolone2 Well-Known Member

Hmmmm... Without getting too deep on this, yeah, it "IS" possible to make ANY phone work on another carrier as long as the handset has the hardware to work on that carriers frequency topology. All you need to do is reprogram the ESN (identity) of the phone to mimic a phone that carrier uses. Of course, there is much debate as to whether or not this is illegal if you are using handsets you own and have accounts on those carriers. In other words, that you weren't cloning the phone to STEAL services or phone tap!

Anyway, it is possible, it's just not PROBABLE that you or anyone else will do it for you.

You could always do some research as to how to clone a phone's ESN and give it a whirl, of course, you would accept all LEGAL ramifications by doing so and I am not suggesting that you do it, only that it is possible!

;)

Regards!