Is ICS and JB alot better than GB?

Last Updated:

1. cannon11

cannon11 Well-Known Member

I'm thinking of getting this phone, but i'm kind of nervous just because it will be staying on gingerbread. But is gingerbread bad really? Do ICS and jelly bean make android SO much better?

So are ICS and jellybean updates That much better than gingerbread, or will it not make that huge of a difference? Are there any major improvements, besides design look and smootheness?

2. itsallgood

itsallgood Well-Known Member

It really comes down to what features you want. Most people prefer the design and functionality of ICS and JB over GB. Do a Youtub search and you can see for yourself, if it is what you want. I can live with GB, since it works fine on my Atrix 4G. I would love better performance in speed, but the Atrix isn't slow, unless you have a lot of apps running in the background. Motoblur is ok, but from what I understand, Motoblur would be gone if the Atrix 4G upgraded to ICS. Since I have the Lapdock and prefer the laptop experience, I would not have upgraded to ICS. I have heard that webtop is gone and it looks more like a tablet interface. (Which people with the Lapdocks have complained about.) The other factor would be security fixes, which are updated in later OS's.