Is it a good idea to buy a 2nd battery off of Ebay?Accessories

Last Updated:

1. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've seen some "brand new" ones on Ebay but don't know about the quality??

Advertisement
  2. crow11ad

crow11ad Well-Known Member

When I had my htc touch pro I bought a desktop charger that came with a battery. It worked. Most of these are from China...so it may say the oem or it may not, but remember with Ebay you are protected.

3. TheAndroidWorks

TheAndroidWorks Well-Known Member

I have had great luck with the Ebay batteries and chargers with my old Hero and EVO. I had 4 of them (gave two away to friends who had dead EVO's at various points) and found that they are all almost as good as the stock battery.

4. robl45

robl45 Well-Known Member

seriously, where do you think batteries come from? they all come from china or korea. the ebay ones assuredly are the worst of the batches but i doubt you will notice much difference.

5. kristv

kristv Well-Known Member

Years ago, when I owned a Xda IIi (in England), I bought a spare battery from Hong Kong and it turned out to be absolutely fine. In fact, it was a 1500 mAh which actually lasted a little longer than my stock 1400 mAh.

I think as long as you buy from someone who seems to be a reputable dealer, you'll be fine. There are bound to be lemons out there, but I don't know that it's necessarily the seller's fault when that happens. You can only test them so much before shipping them out. In the end, even if you buy a couple of batteries and a charging dock for $10-20 and one of those batteries fails, you still got a working battery and charger for much less than you would get them in a Sprint store! ;)

6. clarkm82

clarkm82 Member

I just got two in from china with charger for 11 dollars on ebay. I am testing them out today. So far so good.

My only problem is the case. My case is a good case but it is the one with the hooks and it is kind of a pain to take off the back. I need to find a good case that is easily removable and doesn't feel like I am going to break the phone to take it off. Any suggestions?

7. pakiplayer421

pakiplayer421 Active Member

How are the batteries so far, if you havnt tested them yet, please be sure to report back here :)

I dunno about you, but i want a single piece slip on case that covers the whole body, who needs the physical keyboard with awesome virtual keyboards.

8. clarkm82

clarkm82 Member

I tested the cheapo battery yesterday and it seemed to do about the same as the stock one. The real test will be repeated uses of it to see if it holds the charge.

Still looking for a good case.

9. nemix

nemix Member

Just picked up two on ebay for $9-10, just had to try em for the price

10. jmichaelsk

jmichaelsk Active Member

I did the same with
    [​IMG]eBay My World - city_out

The batteries work good get maybe a half hour less than oem battery. the car charges worked great but couldn't get the wall chargers to work without making my screen go crazy and had the same problem plugging into the usb on the stand alone battery charger. Funny thing is that my wifes worked ok only difference is she uses touchwiz and i have launcherpro plus on my phone. The leather case was cheap, tight, and useless in my opinion. I have one of the Stand alone battery chargers plugged into a small inverter in my rig so I can just change batteries and put the other battery on charge in the truck.