Is it because of 4G?

Last Updated:

1. Exe44

Exe44 Member This Topic's Starter

Jul 3, 2010
    My EVO battery (with GPS on and 4G scanning on) was very good till Friday. In the evening hours I still had approx. 30% juice in the battery.

Something must have happened on Friday (software upgrade?) and my battery gets depleted before 5 p.m.

I did not change any settings in the phone. I did not change the way I use the phone, either.

The only thing that comes to my mind is that I watched a short video in good quality on Friday. It was the first time I watched video on my EVO. It was a movie trailer in good quality and remember clicking on something before the video started to play.

I also noticed that my EVO picks up 4G more frequently than before Friday. Did Sprint turn on more towers in NYC?

2. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2010
    I did notice that when I turn on 4G, that the toggle will switch back off after about a minute, then kept on switching on, then off constantly. I had 85% battery after lunch, and 2 hours later my phone died at around 3-4% juice left. Not sure if both issues are connected somehow.