is it bricked

Last Updated:

1. deadbroke

deadbroke Member This Topic's Starter

so i rooted my epic with the one.click.root.exploitv2.2.4 and i tried to unroot with one.click.stock.&.root.uninstallerv1.0.1 but as soon as i got to the run reset adb on the uninstaller nothing happened when i clicked on run adb so i waited 4 minutes closed the box and then unhooked the usb tested to see if it worked anyway with wifi tether it asked for su permission and then it took forever and froze so i tried to shut off the phone and try again but i got a black screen now the quirky keyboard buttons light up but the screen won't turn back on. what can i do

Advertisement
  2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

3. flyjbaker

flyjbaker Well-Known Member

Can you get it to boot into recovery??? If you can, just flash your backup and you should be good. You will likely still be rooted but at least you can start over with the unrooting process.... If you never made a backup, then get into the recovery menu and select "reboot" and see if that works. And if that doesn't work, you m ay try to find a recovery "image" over at XDA and put it on your SD card and then reboot into recovery and flash that image.....just thinking out loud!! That last bit of advice should work but I am thinking you should be able to get it going before you take that route...
    Bottom line here is that if you can get it to boot into recovery, you will be fine even though it may take some work.

Keep us posted. People learn from others on here.

4. deadbroke

deadbroke Member This Topic's Starter

im not sure how to get it into recovery mode but i did get a chance to reflash it with odin. i don't know if the first reply is really unrooting or reflashing back to stock with odin but i fouund that link and thats what i ended up doing. i don't use .rar files a lot so when i downloaded odin i wasn't sure if it was a program until i uncompressed it. other than that the only reason i tried to unroot is so i can backup my phone and than get a different rom lol but it seems like unrooting would jack up your phone more than rooting