• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Is it bricked?

Ok so I bought 2 used pantechs off Ebay for my daughter. Put a battery in one and it worked great only thing was it was locked to AT&T. So I bought a code entered it and it unlocked was able to use walmarts t-mobile sim. Worked for 2 days then just froze. have to pull battery to get it to shut off.

Now. It will vibrate and show Pantech logo but thats as far as I get. I cannot get into recovery mode either(vol^+Power). But can get into another mode that gives me 4 options with both vol up and dwn pushed + power.

1. PDL Download- That takes me to s/w upgrading (not sure what to do
there)
2.Fastboot- Takes me to FAST BOOT Mode.. and again thats it not sure
3. Reboot- hit that and it vibrates but never leaves this screen
4. Power off- It will power off if I hit that.

I seen another post with this problem but with out the unlocking 2 days before it happened. Would that have caused this or anyone have any idea what may have.

The other phone i bought I changed mother board its working now but locked to AT&T I don't want to rush to unlock it if this is going to happen to that one too.:thinking:

Any help would be much appreciated.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones