Is it charging?Support

Last Updated:

1. rpoling

rpoling New Member

How do I know if the Avail is charging? I've been having trouble with my phone and am trying to determine if it is the battery or the charger jack. I just put a brand new, uncharged battery in. At first, an animation of a battery charging showed up on the screen, but after about 10 seconds, it went blank. The back key (bottom right) is red. Is that a charging indicator? Is there any way to know when it is fully charged, other than to turn it on and check the battery indicator icon?

2. mikec628

mikec628 Well-Known Member

after a few hours you should be able to tap the home key (center) and it will show if fully charged or if still charging.
  3. chrismbrunner

chrismbrunner Well-Known Member

All of that means charging. At any time you should be able to touch a button and the battery indication should come on the screen. If the red light is on it is charging.
  4. kingmt

kingmt Well-Known Member

The back bottom turns green when fully charged.
  5. SteveCampsOut

SteveCampsOut Well-Known Member

I just bought this ZTE 990g Merit from Walmart last night to replace my bricked Samsung Infuse on Straight Talk. It's been charging over night and when I turn it on the phone shuts off after 30-45 seconds and the battery shows itself as dead again!