• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is it easy to upgrade from 1.5 to 1.6 ?

Hi,

I understand that HTC hero is running under android 1.5. Can i know how difficult it is to upgrade the OS to 1.6. Can i do it myself or i need to seek help from the HTC dealer to reinstall the OS for me ?

Thanks!

1.6 has not been officially released to the normal phone user or to the Carrier for Didtribution ...

Just keep your socks on ...and be patient ...

Upvote 0
Since its a Hero, and its running Sense, you'll have to wait for HTC to release it rather than Google.

Yes, you should be able to update it yourself. Providing that you wont get an OTA update. Since you want to buy one now, Im assuming you will be getting a GSM version, and not Sprints CDMA version. So you would have to do it yourself.

Edit: Unless of course you arent in the States, and your getting it from your carrier, then you might get an OTA update.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones