Is it easy to upgrade from 1.5 to 1.6 ?

Last Updated:

1. teeming

teeming Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

I understand that HTC hero is running under android 1.5. Can i know how difficult it is to upgrade the OS to 1.6. Can i do it myself or i need to seek help from the HTC dealer to reinstall the OS for me ?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

1.6 has not been officially released to the normal phone user or to the Carrier for Didtribution ...

Just keep your socks on ...and be patient ...

3. teeming

Thanks for the reply...however i would like to know if it is possible to upgrade to 1.6 in future and how difficult it is, if i buy the HTC Hero now ?

4. Edaze55

Edaze55 Well-Known Member

Since its a Hero, and its running Sense, you'll have to wait for HTC to release it rather than Google.

Yes, you should be able to update it yourself. Providing that you wont get an OTA update. Since you want to buy one now, Im assuming you will be getting a GSM version, and not Sprints CDMA version. So you would have to do it yourself.

Edit: Unless of course you arent in the States, and your getting it from your carrier, then you might get an OTA update.

5. teeming

thanks...another question is can a app develop under 1.6 run on HTC Hero which run under 1.5 ?

6. shivers316

shivers316 Godmember VIP Member

That all depends on how different the coding is. For example, most apps developed for 1.5 seem to run fine with 1.6, but I have run into a few that don't work at all. I'm assuming the same could be said for the other way around.

7. jbjork86

jbjork86 New Member

Sorry to bump the old thread, but I have an i1 on boost. Could I upgrade from my 1.5?