• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Is there no T-Mobile store nearby for them to demo the device? The responses to your questions are very subjective as everyone's expectations/requirements differ.

However the device is currently running Android 2.1 and there is talk of a possible North American upgrade to 2.2 "sometime in 2011".

FWIW, there has been little negative posted about any aspect of the phone...at least on this board.

Upvote 0
I've got the unlocked UK version. I'm very pleased so far....

1. Is it fast?
Yes faster than the desire IMO. The Asphalt game is very smooth as is video playback and google navigation.
I find performance when plugged in to a computers USB port a little laggy though. I think it tries too hard to be ready as modem, server etc.

2. What versions of android will it get and have?
Currently 2.1, expecting 2.2 Q1-Q2 2011

3. Are there any motorola gui overlays?
Motoblur is on it, but I don't think it really adds anything.

4. Is the camera good?
No physical camera button, but fast autofocus and good quality from the 5mp camera

Upvote 0
I've got the unlocked UK version. I'm very pleased so far....

1. Is it fast?
Yes faster than the desire IMO. The Asphalt game is very smooth as is video playback and google navigation.
I find performance when plugged in to a computers USB port a little laggy though. I think it tries too hard to be ready as modem, server etc.

2. What versions of android will it get and have?
Currently 2.1, expecting 2.2 Q1-Q2 2011

3. Are there any motorola gui overlays?
Motoblur is on it, but I don't think it really adds anything.

4. Is the camera good?
No physical camera button, but fast autofocus and good quality from the 5mp camera

I'd agree pretty much with this assessment. It is quick. But I would say more similar to the Desire than faster. And yes, I noticed the lag when plugged into a USB port too.

Not impressed by the camera though. Yes, it is quick etc. But images in poor light are not great. But then how many cameras/phones with such a small lens are.

I really like mine so far. It is quick. It is a great size. And having a tough screen and water-resistant features make it a winner for me. It is supposed to get 2.2 too which would be a bonus.

Reactions: ollyshaw
Upvote 0
Is there no T-Mobile store nearby for them to demo the device? The responses to your questions are very subjective as everyone's expectations/requirements differ.

However the device is currently running Android 2.1 and there is talk of a possible North American upgrade to 2.2 "sometime in 2011".

FWIW, there has been little negative posted about any aspect of the phone...at least on this board.

why dont you tell your friend to get on the site and ask this question him self

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones