• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [T-Mobile] Is it impossible to get rid of music widget on lock screen?

Gfv355

Oct 10, 2012
Ive been trying to get rid of the music widget in my lock screen when playing music to no avail. To me a lock screen should just be just a lock screen, no widgets clocks or other things. I also need security, i dont want anybody getting into my phone when its locked. Is there an app anybody knows of or better yet a way to get rid of the annoying music widget on my lock screen?

Funny how different each user is :)

I'm looking for a way to be able to add more widgets (dashclock type) to my lockscreen so that I don't have to unlock my phone to see notifications - and still keep my data secure by not allowing anyone to read my Emails/texts without my passcode/pin - that is disabled on the Galaxy S4!

To answer your question though, it depends on what app you use to listen to music. Google Music doesn't seem to offer the option to disable lockscreen music control. Other music apps might offer that though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones