• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

davidchsw

Dec 27, 2009
I have a Droid 2 Global that I really like. It is about 18 months old. I have accumulated a bunch of apps while having the phone. I try and remove apps I don't regularly use. In the past 6 months I have noticed my phone really slowing down. Looking through my apps I have noticed that as apps are upgraded they consume more space and resources. Removing almost all of the added apps restores the phone to its original zippy state. Has anyone else had this experience?

all these apps store on the internal memory, and when the memory is constantly full it cannot provide enough resources to make the device run smoother. After uninstalling the majority of the apps, i do not know how many you had, but most apps have background data that runs and will turn the phone into a slug half the time, this is not to be confused with this Slug, because that type of slug is different from this type of Slug, the red one is fast, and the other isnt. (sorry couldnt resist:)) how many apps did you have installed at the time? over 100? i think the D2G had 8 gb internal memory. but if you begin to uninstall the apps over time that you do not use you will see an increase of speed

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0
well i have roughly 70 apps on my nexus, however my nexus is the latest and greatest... so to speak, i believe it has everything to do with your internal memory, and the amount of data stored in that memory is what causes your phone to start acting slow. occasionally you can reset your phone back to factory firmware by RSD Lite which most of the original droid x/2/x2 modders knew and loved to do on a monthly basis to keep their phones faster than ever. it is a very handy tool and is a god send to all of the motorola phones.

Upvote 0
I have over 150 apps on my droid 2.
It still zips along. But...I will go into "menu- settings- applications- running applications" and force-close the ones I am not using. Storage isn't a problem on my phone. The problem is the memory/ram. I have less than 400mb of ram. And when the ram fills up, then the phone slows down.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones