is it just my phone?Support

Last Updated:

1. scaps22

scaps22 New Member This Topic's Starter

I love my ally, but I am having a few problems with it, and I don't know if it is just my phone... or if others are having the same problems.

1. Socialite keeps having to force close and will not update. I have the updating set up in the settings to update every 5 minutes... yet it never updates.

2. Lately I have started to not receive phone calls. I usually do not even get a notification about a missed call, but I see them if I look in my call log.

Advertisement
  2. iluvmyally

iluvmyally New Member

Well, I'm not having those problems, but I'm having others. I LOVE this phone, but I'm seriously considering returning it. My problems are:

1. My slide out keyboard has stopped working on two different occasions when I was right in the middle of texting.

2. I've been receiving this little pop-up that says something like "missed call from <phone number>" and it stays on the screen unless I turn the phone completely off. Then, when I look in my call log, the number isn't there.

3. It gets super-hot when it is charging and when I talk on it for longer than five minutes.

4. I'm getting terrible reception in my home and other places where I used to get great reception with my old EnV Touch. My friends keep telling me that it fades in and out.

3. Vmanisme

Vmanisme Well-Known Member

show verizon these issues they'll give u a new one, or try updating the phone to v8/v9 because ive never even heard of issues like these its def the phone

4. Gazooo

Gazooo Active Member

We are having problems with my wifes voicemail notifications. 2 weeks ago we were unable to clear a constant new voicemail notification.

The rep on the phone was unable to rectify the problem and a ticket was made for the IT department. The next day they called us telling us it was fixed, we checked the phone and everything was great.

Then yesterday my wife checked her voicemail because a friend told us that she left a message, sure enough there were 11 new voicemails with no notifications.

These included a few business voicemails, so yes, this is a problem. Again we called Verizon, they were unable to rectify the problem on the phone and so another ticket was created and we are waiting for the results today.

I am a patient person, that being said I expect this situation to be rectified on round 2.