Is it me ? ? ? ?

Last Updated:

1. Tadpaul

Tadpaul New Member This Topic's Starter

Had my desire for over a week now, and must say I am mightily impressed, problem is my daughter had a new iPhone yesterday, got up this morning and said "watch this Dad" proceeded to talk into the phone and it rang the landline.
    Not to be outdone, cos' I have a Desire, tried to do a search on Maps by voice, and stood there talking into the phone like a lemon. I have the latest update, and it seems stable enough but will not do a voice search.

So after extensive searching on the phone and on the Market I cannot find Voice search or Google voice search, Any ideas ?

also, how do I shut down the internet browser after use, is it a case of pressing the back button a zillion times or am I missing something.

While i'm here I might as well ask another, in messages when i go to compose an sms, why does the contact list show both sim and phone contacts, effectively putting everyone in there twice.

Whilst I am enjoying the experience on my Desire, these things just annoy me. Thanks in advance

Advertisement
  2. wellibob

wellibob Well-Known Member

Download advanced task killer, and as for talking to the phone, its far quicker to call someone by using the interface, than standing like a "lemon" talking to it !

3. uzetaab

uzetaab Well-Known Member

Your welcome :)

4. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

to get voice dialling you must use google type contacts in your people app. Then simply long press the searh key while on your desktop and say "call whoever". Also have a read of the Desire guide sticky on this forum.

5. Tadpaul

Sorry I might not have been very clear, it is a voice search I am having trouble with. I saw mention of it in a thread comparing the Desire to the iPhone. There was mention of going into voice search and saying "find pizza hut" and it launching Maps.

That is all I want to do.

6. gibbs1984

gibbs1984 Well-Known Member

Tadpaul likes this.
  7. Tadpaul