is it normal that i can't download anything on the x10?Support

Last Updated:

1. keiiferrer

keiiferrer Member This Topic's Starter

hi, i just got an x10, and i'm having a huge problem with it... anytime i tried to download anything (be it 3g or wifi), it disconnects... sometimes it would download 1mb... 500kb, it's kinda random, and then the download would just die, tried with dolphin and the default android browser... it this a known issue or i just got a faulty phone? thanks

Advertisement
  2. Bexy

Bexy Well-Known Member

Is it just the browser(s) you cant download from or are you unable to download from the market as well?
    Ive had no problems what so ever downloading from browser/market.
    I have had problems with wifi disconnecting though but, not while downloading, more so when i pick it up, or hold it too close to me *sigh*. But yeah, once it's connected and downloading, ive had no probs so sounds like a dodgy handset to me. But, could also be the firmware. What version/build number are you on? - Settings>About Phone>Build Number

3. keiiferrer

that's the weird thing... i can download from the market, but anything besides that, just dies after getting some data (youtube, facebook updating, downloading from browser... anything, i can browse through sites just fine tho), i'm on build number R1FB001, thanks

4. Bexy

Bexy Well-Known Member

When I was on summit summit 014, I some had problems but, 016 and above seems to work fine. Are you able to update the firmware/build number on your phone? Can be done via Sony Ericsson Update Service, on the phone (Settings>About>Software Update) or through PC Companion. See if that helps :).

Remember to back your data up first though :).

5. keiiferrer

funnily enough, they replaced my phone today, and now it sees my wifi network but it won't connect to it? it just says error connecting, the other at least got connected... i can't believe the build quality on these things is so flawed >_<