• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Is it ok to contact users who purchased your app?

behrapps

Dec 15, 2010
This may seem like an odd question but is there a way to contact people who have purchased your app and if so is that ok with the rules of the market? I am a new developer and have only written a few apps so far and this is only my second paid app. I put it on the market this weekend and had 7 people download the app and now it only shows 1 active install on the statistics so I take that to mean that the other 6 have uninstalled it but they didn't cancel the purchase or email me with any errors or give any bad reviews. I am worried that maybe there is a bug or I am missing something with my testing of the app for a certain type of device. Here is the app on the market.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.behrapps.going.distance&feature=search_result

I know it has only been two days and it is possible they just didn't like the app and I would expect a uninstall for free apps right away but would have thought if they paid for an app they would have given it more time than a day to try before uninstalling. I just want to make sure there isn't something wrong with my app and get allot of bad reviews before I can fix it.

I would appreciate any advice from more experienced developers on what you would do in this situation or if this is normal and I am just worrying about nothing.

Thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones