Is it OK to get Nexus now?

Last Updated:

1. nasht00

nasht00 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I remember a while ago everyone complaining that 3G wasn't working correctly on the Nexus One, and that the software update didn't help much.

One of my co-worker is about to buy one, before he does, I want to make sure it's good.

Are those issues solved?

Advertisement
  2. 1080p

1080p Well-Known Member

Not officially... but the LEAKED radio update fixes them... so I would say soon for those who like to wait.

3. nasht00

nasht00 Active Member This Topic's Starter

4. AnotherFatalEpic

AnotherFatalEpic Well-Known Member

I don't know if it matters much but I get excellent 3G coverage 90% of the time. I've noticed that in certain areas it has dropped to EDGE and "G" but most of the time 3G is great and the speeds are fantastic.

5. temperbad

temperbad Active Member

No 3g issue here

6. CyberDroid

CyberDroid Well-Known Member

Not sure yet ... ordered mine. Got it and upon its activation the software froze and I got the Nexus X of death... hard reboot did not fix, even after numerous battery pulls. A replacement from HTC is en route. It'll probably be fine then... but a bit of a hassle this has been and something I was hopeful to avoid as I had the same sentiment as the title of the thread. However, Google and HTC support were good IMHO, so far. I will say this that it is way cooler than anything out on the market today, or that's about to be imminently released. Pictures just don't do it justice. You just have to handle it to appreciate. I was going to wait for the Verizon version. What swayed me was the ability to be on call and surf at the same time.... and TMo's HSPA impending activation nationwide by year's end at the latest. Those in Philly and NY and DC are already enjoying this.

7. daffyduck

daffyduck Well-Known Member

Incorrect, it was never a hardware issue - the Hero was designed with the radio at the bottom (away from your ear, so you do not fry your brain!). My wife's Hero doesn't have an issue, and the one I had before the Nexus was the same.

It is a good phone & is well supported - this will continue as it is in Google's interests to make it successful. Why would you want to hold back from buying it (technology moves v.quickly)?

IMHO, Google pushed out the Nexus as early as possible (evidence of this is the delay in the accessories being available - Desk & Car Docks - after the phone went on sale. The Car Dock is still not out!). Hence, there are still some further software optimisations that will go on for the foreseeable future, based on people's experiences.

As has been proved by the Buzz debacle, Google's user acceptance testing is a little underwelming!

8. outoffocus

outoffocus Well-Known Member

Pre ordered mine.. so early adopter here. No problems. This phone will remain the king for the next 6 months. Once the new iphone and whatever next android hardware hits the game will change again.. but only incrementally. Wish Flash was here already!

9. AnotherFatalEpic

AnotherFatalEpic Well-Known Member

And to answer the original question:

It was ALWAYS OK to get the Nexus One.

:D

10. BigTimeNexusFan

BigTimeNexusFan Well-Known Member

Yea. The phone seems to be fine. My t-mobile 3g works great where I live.

I like the Nexus enough I bought my wife one too. GREATEST phone I've seen.