Is it ok to use Optimus V ClockWork Mod on the LG Phoenix P505?

1. apow465

apow465 Member

I have JUST rooted my phone and I need to know if it's save to go ahead and use the Optimus V ClockworkMod recovery on my P505 Phoenix. My phone isn't in the list, but I know that my phone's model number and looks/interior is almsot identical to the Optimus V. So, will it be ok? Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

apow465 likes this.
  3. apow465

apow465 Member

That is the optimus one right?
  4. El Presidente

I believe so.

Unless Google is lying to me :p
    apow465 likes this.
  5. apow465

apow465 Member

Oh yeah, and I wanted to ask which of the basic roms from Rom manager is the best? In case you or anyone else knew?
  6. El Presidente

You might have managed to do a backup, but don't flash an Optimus V/One ROM, that definitely wouldn't be a good thing. At the moment, it looks as though the only one available is the one I linked to earlier in the thread.
  7. jan72

jan72 Member

8. donavan01

donavan01 Active Member

In order to use any of the ROM's with Jobans kernel you must find roms that use the version .32 and not the newer gingerbread rom of .35. We have been testing various roms on our phones for months over at androidcentral. Some work great other crap out. We are trying to get the source code for the P505 (gingerbread) from LG but as of yet we only have the froyo source. Once we get a .35 kernel from gingerbread it will unlock a great number of things and allow us to build our own custom ROM for gingerbread or maybe even Ice Cream Sandwich (though there really inst much point in running ICS on our phones as our GPU is limiting us).
  9. tplaya3

tplaya3 New Member

when i try to flash the clockworkmod for opitimus one one my phoenix using rom manager it stops at "Flashing..." and ideas?