• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Is it possible a full reset could be bad?

rsarno

Thank Me, Im Irish!
Jun 6, 2010
I was lucky enough to get a decent install of Froyo OTA. My battery is awesome, phone and apps are snappy, no lag, no voice quality or 3G issues.

If for whatever reason i end up having to do a full factory reset, do i keep my current install or is it overwritten or something?

just curious how it all works.

thanks

I notice that after I did a factory reset and reinstalled my apps and data via My Backup Pro, my settings for certain apps went back to factory/initial settings. I had to manually reset notifications sound for example and some widgets wouldn't load on the home page. Small price to pay to get back like new performance after a factory reset.

Upvote 0
I notice that after I did a factory reset and reinstalled my apps and data via My Backup Pro, my settings for certain apps went back to factory/initial settings. I had to manually reset notifications sound for example and some widgets wouldn't load on the home page. Small price to pay to get back like new performance after a factory reset.

This is true....but a factory reset (without syncing facebook) improved battery life, processor speed, etc.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones