Is it possible for 3G speeds to be really slow in certain places with a good signal?Support

Last Updated:

1. MrBigFeathers

MrBigFeathers Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My current Incredible was rebooting 5-10 times a day randomly and when i am at work my average data speed is about 90kbps. This is with a -50dbm signal. So my signal is fine but for some reason the data speeds are terrible. At home with roughly the same signal my speeds are what they should be around 900kbps. I wiped it and the reboots haven't happened again yet but the data speeds are the same.

Is it possible for the data to be painfully slow even though the signal is good? I received a refurb today and am hesitant to switch to it because I am just weird and don't like owning previously owned things. But if the data should be fast everywhere I will give in and use the refurb. I just don't want to see my original Incredible go :(

Advertisement
  2. callmeox

callmeox Well-Known Member

There is only so much bandwidth from the cell tower to the internet, so it is possible that there are many more folks using 3G near where you work than at home.

I have the same issue with work/home speeds and I work in downtown business district with lots of office buildings in the area.

3. MrBigFeathers

MrBigFeathers Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

That makes sense. Sometimes I will get into the 700s and 800s here at work when i do the speed test but thats about one out of every 15. I guess I could switch to the refurb and see what speeds it gets.