is it possible for me to root my desire without deleting anything??

Last Updated:

1. cotty

cotty Member This Topic's Starter

i've got a htc desire running froyo i did debrand it but it was basically a very paniccy experience :) as anyone can tell i still have the goldcard from when i did the debranding if thats any help

Advertisement
  2. Leftyguy

Leftyguy Well-Known Member

Hi - Welcome to the Android Forums - I moved your post to this Forum - I believe you will receive better answers here - Cheers ;)

cotty likes this.
  3. Tunga

Tunga Well-Known Member

Yes. Rooting doesn't remove anything from your phone, you can keep your current ROM and apps.

4. cotty

cotty Member This Topic's Starter

thanks for the moving me to the correct place i realised as soon as i posted i was in the wrong place but had no idea how to move it :D

and tunga can you point me in the right direction for root instructions cos the only ones i've seen so far are either telling me it'll erase everything off my phone or i'd have go to an older version of android and then use a custom rom instead of the official htc one i'm quite happy with :)

5. kilroy

kilroy Well-Known Member

Some of the guides not only let you achieve SU access (root), but they install a custom ROM. In my case, I gained SU access, debranded my phone and lost a lot of the network bloatware, and also ended up with a new (older) custom ROM. XDA forums are down, but there are plenty of root guides in this folder anyway. There is now a 'one step' root guide available in this forum. Won't be hard for you to find.