Is it possible for the Evo to have video calls?

Last Updated:

1. killeronly001

killeronly001 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Video calls without Fring or any other application. I think i-phone and the old HTC Diamond (not the one for sprint) can call somebody without having to log in into an account. So I am wondering will the Evo have an update like that? or is it gonna be on the next phone?

That's the first time I got a smart phone like EVO. I know there are updates frequently every now and then. But would an update for the camera like that is possible?

But I thought in the iphone you don't have to be logged in into your account in the application to be able to video chat. Is that possible? if so, is it possible on the EVO?

Advertisement
  2. dylan88

dylan88 Well-Known Member

nope. even iphone uses an app.

3. One Beast

One Beast Well-Known Member

Yup its jus integrated into the call menu....

4. killeronly001

killeronly001 Active Member This Topic's Starter

BTW, do you have to be logged into Qik in order to use it? like if I video call my friend and he's not on Qik, will his phone still ring for the video chat? and do we both need to have the same phone in order for Qik to work?

5. nyczducky

nyczducky Active Member

If they are not logged in, they will get a text message saying to go to a URL to start a video chat. Tell them to use that as a clue to log into Qik. lol

The text is so that anyone without Qik can load their mobile web browser or browser on a desktop/laptop to watch you video chat. Obviously they cant video chat back. I didn't test this out but based on what they said on the site, thats what this is for. Unless I'm wrong lol.