1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Is it possible that a 4.3 Rom uses more battery?

1. darklide

darklide Well-Known Member

Advertisement
    :
  2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

do you have the nexus 4?

it will depend. some roms have speed tweaks that might make it drain slightly faster. most of the time it is the kernel that comes with the rom that might be the culprit.
  3. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;) VIP Member

Yeah. Ive only used a CM build and it did use more battery WHILE i actively used the phone. I dont know if thats CM's kernel tweaks or the tweaks that google did to make 4.3 feel so smooth and fast though :thumbup:
    El Presidente likes this.
  4. darklide

darklide Well-Known Member

I have q Nexus 4 and was wondering what kernal would be good for battery life? And that would work with this ROM.
  5. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

ok so i moved you to the nexus 4 ATR for better eyes.

well i do not have your device, but kernels usually (at least on my og evo and evo 4g lte) will vary from phone to phone. what might work for your nexus 4 may not work on other nexus 4. the best way is to try them out and see what works for you. also i would give it a day or two before moving on. you can find some of the kernels here:http://androidforums.com/nexus-4-al...nexus-4-all-things-root-guide-12-18-12-a.html
    El Presidente likes this.
  6. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

I switched to a 4.3 ROM on Friday and battery was terrible. I flashed the .84 radio yesterday (it the one that was included in the stock 4.3 update) and it seems to have sorted it.

If that hadn't have worked, I would've gone for a new kernel.

People recommend Faux or Franco a fair bit, so you might want to try either of those. You need to be careful though as there are 2 4.3 builds (JSS & JWR) so you'd need to flash the appropriate kernel for whatever your ROM is based on. You can find that out in Settings -> About Phone.
    jmar and ocnbrze like this.