Is it possible to add more charging wallpapers?General

1. becksalottery

becksalottery Well-Known Member

Googling has given me NO answer. SADFACE.

I don't think it's possible automatically (other than the two preinstalled options), but I'd like to navigate to the folder they're in and possible add more manually that way.

Any clue if this can be done, and if so, which system folder to look in??

Advertisement
  2. bones420la

bones420la Well-Known Member

ive wondered the same thing... ive got system dumps for the lg lucid and another lg.. cant remember which one... ive dug around trying to scavenge up some different stock apps and i havent found anything useful
  3. x-amp

x-amp Well-Known Member

Where did you get the LG lucid system dump from?
  4. becksalottery

becksalottery Well-Known Member

Crai. I hope someone who knows will pop their head in, I'm sick to death of the water wallpaper. :p
  5. bones420la

i got it in a irc for the lucid... it took me forever to find it...
    IronDust Web IRC

just ask in there for someone to link you to it...
  6. finndo77

finndo77 Well-Known Member

If the charging wallpapers work the same as the live wallpapers you will need to find an apk and replace the charging wallpapers apk from /system/app. When I rooted my HTC Evo that was what people were doing to get the leaf floating in water live wallpaper.

This may or may not work without reflashing your system image/Rom.

The alternate would be to create an app for the charging wallpaper you want, such that it installs the files on the internal storage and redirects the system to use it instead of the water wallpaper.
  7. x-amp

x-amp Well-Known Member

looks like there having trouble with that system dump :/
  8. bones420la

9. IMUcarmen

IMUcarmen Well-Known Member

charging wallpapers eat battery while trying to charge it! don't use them!
  10. juny20

juny20 Well-Known Member

I agree it seems contradictory...charging the phone while using additional battery life to show the pretty graphics of the water... Is there a way to disable it? I am on Broken Out Rom using Go Launcher, but can not figure out how to disable the charging wallpaper...
  11. finndo77

I just removed the apk files in the Broken Out Even Less Rom, you can probably do the same with a root explorer
  12. mtmichaelson

mtmichaelson Well-Known Member

Broken out shouldn't have the charging wallpapers.
  13. juny20

juny20 Well-Known Member

Confirmed. I guess I did not re-check after flashing BrokenOut 2.0. But, Spectrum is charging right now and the only wallpaper is the standard one I have. Sweet!
  14. finndo77

Was not sure if you did or not, but I know I did not leave them in.
  15. donkeyrattle

donkeyrattle Well-Known Member

Is there a way to get rid of them on V7 unrooted?
  16. azoller1

azoller1 Well-Known Member Contributor

Flash any of the ROMs they should be removed well mine has them removed
  17. Nokoko

Nokoko Well-Known Member

Yes, go into Wallpapers, charging wallpapers, there should be a checkbox to turn them off. Then you can go into App manager and disable them if you want, just make sure you turn them off first or you'll get an error message whenever the phones plugged in.
  18. Nokoko

Nokoko Well-Known Member

Have to be rooted for that
  19. finndo77

Has anyone tried adding the night city scene .apk to a v6 Rom? It is part of v7. So technically, the answer to the original question must be yes since LG added a new one in v7; however no one has apparently figured out the exact steps yet to create one.