• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

is it possible to back up app data using a card reader?

Hi. My SD card is 75% percent dysfunctional, meaning it only works 25% of the time it is in my phone.

I'm not looking for a diagnostic on this. Instead, I will just to replace the card with a different brand and see if it works.. My question is: I have app data stored on the card, and I can't figure out how I'm supposed to back it up before shipping the card back to the seller.

How do I make a FULL backup with a card reader and my desktop computer if my phone is not rooted? :thinking:

Hi. My SD card is 75% percent dysfunctional, meaning it only works 25% of the time it is in my phone.

I'm not looking for a diagnostic on this. Instead, I will just to replace the card with a different brand and see if it works.. My question is: I have app data stored on the card, and I can't figure out how I'm supposed to back it up before shipping the card back to the seller.

How do I make a FULL backup with a card reader and my desktop computer if my phone is not rooted? :thinking:

Try Helium I hear this can do what you want it to do.

Reactions: doofmaczemy
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones