• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is it possible to change the background color of application menu?

Hello brtnygrn. Welcome to the forums.

Changing the color of any menu in your device would require root access and a custom ROM which has been developed that way. I've seen a few with transparent menus, as well.

It is not a configuration setting in a stock Android device, with the exception of opacity in the keyboard, etc.

If you mean the menu in a particular application (which I doubt), that would be the whim of the app developer, if he or she has the skills to do that.

Having said all that, why don't you go into Market and do a search on, "menu color change," or some such thing. You never know, there could well be an app for that. ;)

Reactions: brtnygrn
Upvote 0

Changing the color of any menu in your device would require root access and a custom ROM which has been developed that way. I've seen a few with transparent menus, as well.

It is not a configuration setting in a stock Android device, with the exception of opacity in the keyboard, etc.

If you mean the menu in a particular application (which I doubt), that would be the whim of the app developer, if he or she has the skills to do that.

Having said all that, why don't you go into Market and do a search on, "menu color change," or some such thing. You never know, there could well be an app for that. ;)

I think he means the color of the App drawer, which actually is possible though it requires using a different launcher such as Go or LauncherPro. OP if you are on a Sense, Motoblur, or Touchwiz interface, you cannot do it while retaining the look that you have now, but if you replace those interfaces with a custom launcher from the market (I recommend Go, it is extremely snappy) then yes, you will have the option of changing the color

Reactions: brtnygrn and Frisco
Upvote 0

I am rooted.. I forgot to mention that :p
But thanks :) I'm sure I will find some way for me to change the background color. & yes I do mean the app drawer not just menus.

Upvote 0
I think he means the color of the App drawer, which actually is possible though it requires using a different launcher such as Go or LauncherPro. OP if you are on a Sense, Motoblur, or Touchwiz interface, you cannot do it while retaining the look that you have now, but if you replace those interfaces with a custom launcher from the market (I recommend Go, it is extremely snappy) then yes, you will have the option of changing the color

*She* hehe. I will try out Go. Thank you very much :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones