• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is it possible to connect a ps3 controller to a android phone?

PS3 controllers don't only pair through USB, I can pair my controller with my psp by bluetooth, so it could happen

Just to set the facts... This only works on the PSPgo and you must connect both the controller and the PSPgo to a PS3 with USB cables to pair the controller with the PSPgo.

Some android phones do support being a USB host with the right optional accessories. I this it would be down to getting someone to write drivers for the right Linux platform.

Upvote 0
Anyone know if this could work with the Evo 3D? From what I hear, the USB Host and Bluetooth capabilities on this phone are revamped, so I'm hopeful. I've ordered an OTG cable to see if I can connect them via wire a-la this technique, but what I really want is to find a way to sync them wirelessly (after an initial hardline pairing) and be able to use an MHL cable to output to HDMI while charging. Then I could play my emus with a wireless controller (since the lone port on the 3D will be occupied by the MHL cable). Any input or thoughts?

Upvote 0
Hello all! Glad you guys resurrected this thread for us :D

Well we aren't making a PS3 style controller (yet?) but, we are launching a bluetooth gaming controller for non-root androids. Currently in the prototype stage but, the Easymote is going to resemble an old school SNES style controller and should provide a lot more gaming applications than standard touch screen controls will.

If anyone wants some more info head on over to our site and see what we are working on!

Bluetooth Gamepad for Android – What Is Different About the Easymote from Ingenu? | Ingenu - Bluetooth Gamepad for Android

Upvote 0
This thread looks pretty dead, but just in case it's found again..

there's a site "DancingpixelStudios" which created an app called SixaxisController which lets you use your ps3 remote via bluetooth as a gaming remote - or to animate any function of the phone really (open a camera with the x button etc)

Basically to use it, you use a pc pairing tool provided by the site and the tool displays the remotes bluetooth address. You enter this into the android application and it pairs. I think Root may be required, but i've been using it for months with no problems, a perfect application - making xperia play seem almost like a waste of time ;D.

Upvote 0
fyi to all rooted phone users. there is a program called Sixaxis controller https://market.android.com/details?id=com.dancingpixelstudios.sixaxiscontroller&feature=search_result that operates as a keyboard ime but unlike the wii controller ime software the sixaxis software can emulate a hardware keyboard. you do need to d/l the sixaxis softwar for the pc from Dancing Pixel Studios and follow the instructions. it is very easy to do. the software is $1.99 usd for full ps3 functionality. but you i would recommend to d/l the compatibility checker first from https://market.android.com/details?id=com.dancingpixelstudios.sixaxiscompatibilitychecker&feature=more_from_developer#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEwMiwiY29tLmRhbmNpbmdwaXhlbHN0dWRpb3Muc2l4YXhpc2NvbXBhdGliaWxpdHljaGVja2VyIl0.. im running basix with electric sheep kernel on my samsung indulge and i dont have a problem running with zenonia (with a proper remap) and psx player testing with other emulators and games. I like the ps3 better than the wii because not only do i have a spare ps3 remote (and wii remote) but its smaller than having to take a wii remote and classic controller everywhere i go and i can charge my ps3 controller in the car with my usb car charger port while playing on my phone while im waiting to be sent out for a job. but as stated on the websites the samsung stock rom is not compatible.

Upvote 0
fyi to all rooted phone users. there is a program called Sixaxis controller https://market.android.com/details?id=com.dancingpixelstudios.sixaxiscontroller&feature=search_result that operates as a keyboard ime but unlike the wii controller ime software the sixaxis software can emulate a hardware keyboard. you do need to d/l the sixaxis softwar for the pc from Dancing Pixel Studios and follow the instructions. it is very easy to do. the software is $1.99 usd for full ps3 functionality. but you i would recommend to d/l the compatibility checker first from https://market.android.com/details?id=com.dancingpixelstudios.sixaxiscompatibilitychecker&feature=more_from_developer#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEwMiwiY29tLmRhbmNpbmdwaXhlbHN0dWRpb3Muc2l4YXhpc2NvbXBhdGliaWxpdHljaGVja2VyIl0.. im running basix with electric sheep kernel on my samsung indulge and i dont have a problem running with zenonia (with a proper remap) and psx player testing with other emulators and games. I like the ps3 better than the wii because not only do i have a spare ps3 remote (and wii remote) but its smaller than having to take a wii remote and classic controller everywhere i go and i can charge my ps3 controller in the car with my usb car charger port while playing on my phone while im waiting to be sent out for a job. but as stated on the websites the samsung stock rom is not compatible.

Yep, mentioned further up the thread and a video showing it off there too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones