• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is it possible to downgrade to 4.4.3

sonyboyj

Jun 28, 2012
Canada
I belive i know the answer and thats NO but ever since i got 4.4.4 i have had bad signal issues i used to get signal every where even full bars in my basement now not much maybe one bar i use my phone to do online gaming on ps3 cause ita the only connection i can get where i live and ita usually very smooth but thanks to 4.4.4 its laggy and my ping is 100-170ms which really blows. I wanna know if it cannl downgrade or is there a 4.4.5 coming Android L aint going to come fast enough atleast 3/months

Yes, you can go back to 4.4.3. It is one of the advantages of having a Nexus device. You can find the factory images for Nexus devices here, including factory images for previous Android versions. Instructions for how to install the factory image are included on the page.

It is unlikely there will be any further updates to Android 4.4 until Android L is released.

Upvote 0
So I figured out I'd have to download a old ROM I guess say 4.4.3 then extract it and the radio file is in side but now I need a good tutorial on how to flash the bad boy. Or should I flash Android L Dev preview I know it's not meant for every day use but I like testing stuff . would it have updated radios or does it use 4.4.4 radios

Upvote 0
My signal issue is now fixed. I finally got brave enough to void warrenty and unlock my bootloader i flashed the AndroidL dev preview used it for a hour then found the mobile hotspot was broken in that build so i flashed 4.4.4 and then flashed the Android L radio and now my signal is better my ping went from 160+ to 76ms:p

Upvote 0
FWIW, you technically did void the warranty, but according to my correspondence with a google cust serv rep you can reinstate the warranty by flashing stock software back on:

"I see your curios about our latest version. Unfortunately that would void warranty simply because its still in development and is not ready for customer use however if you re image it will restore warranty for the device so long as it is within warranty."

Pretty sure he's from India, so [sic] that whole quote.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones