1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Is It Possible to Flash ATT&T or others Phone to Boost?

1. Rick1488

Rick1488 Well-Known Member

Hello,

I was at the mall today looking at the phone cases and noticed the guy is offering a flashing service to switch most phones over to Boost no matter the provider. I'm not willing to pay the $50 he is asking because I like to learn and do it myself so does anyone know how to do it?

Update: My sister just had her ATT&T Galaxy S II flashed to boost and everything is working on the phone.

Thanks, Rick

Advertisement
  2. casperischinky

casperischinky Well-Known Member

Im wondering the same thing one of my buddys has a galaxyS from sprint and is trying to flash it to boost.Im not gonna pay some fuggin dude 60+$ to do it when im sure that it can be done,but when i search online i always get brought back to the same sites.
  3. AndyDroidBot

AndyDroidBot Well-Known Member

4. casperischinky

casperischinky Well-Known Member

5. JuanSolid

JuanSolid Active Member

I'm not sure if the phones even need to be flashed for full service. I know my phone has sprint branding on it and as far as I can tell is fully sprint. However the box was stock sprint wth a sticker for my carrier added. (stock wallpaper was for my carrier)

When you open a new blank browser window it goes to your carriers webpage..... Unless you flash it to a different carriers stock rom. For example mine now opens to sprint's page since I flashed that.

One more thing to note is my prl still has not updated to use sprints towers. My carrier uses sprints towers like boost does but my prl is 40447 and was that before I flashed sprint rom. Based on what I have seen here sprint uses have prl's starting with 6.

I am betting the guy just bought all the boost phones he could, ripped stock roms, and is just flashing fro that. (you can return the phones of course). However it may not even be necessary and I would try to give boost your msid and stuff over the phone to see if it activates service.

Like I said I don't know as my carrier was jerks and said they could not activate a new service without phone purchase. You can bet I am gong to try and swap the phone with a cheaper boost in the future if I have not moved to another carrier like boost.
  6. Loota

Loota Well-Known Member

Att is gsm and sprint/boost is cdma so you got me how he is doing it.. sounds like he is cloning but I'm still unsure about how you get service on a boost network with a gsm phone.
  7. chevanlol360

chevanlol360 Well-Known Member Developer

Loota is correct at&t is a GSM network. Its a completely a different kind of network and is not compatible with CDMA networks.
  8. Rick1488

Rick1488 Well-Known Member

I would like to know as well, but what your saying is there is a way to switch CDMA networks? I'm not sure which ones are on that network or how it can be done????
  9. JuanSolid

JuanSolid Active Member

Whoops reading is essential. I thought we were talking about a tu. That says just 'Sprint' under product spec page from samsung.

The sii says
    HSPA+ 21Mbps/ HSUPA 5.76Mbps
    EDGE/ GPRS Class 12
    Quad band GSM 850/900/1800/1900
    Quad band UMTS 850/900/1900/2100
    Samsung GALAXY S II

The wiki lnk above says for voice sprint and att both can use umts, but sprint data lacks a compatable spec.....att has gprs and umts for data.....

I am going to admit right now I am lost.

If we are talkng about the TU, this is the right place to be and it will work on sprint networks and there should not be a att version f the phone. Boost is based on sprints network so it should work and like I said above I would try to transfer it without flashing anything. They should ask for the msid, and they even sell the TU.

If we are talking about the sii this is probably the wrong place for this to be....