is it possible to flash baseband only?Support

Last Updated:

1. FadeFx

FadeFx Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

hi everyone,

i have a problem with 3g connenction since flashing galaxo1.6.1 coming from ii4 if i recall correct. after being disapointed of galaxo for that reason i decided to flash another custom 1.5 firmware (archers italy rom) which runs perfectly except i also have the same problems with 3g (connection is working after boot, but only for a while then the 3g icon is still there but only the upload arrow blinks, and no data is coming in). some guy on a german forum told me he had the same problem untill he went back to ii5 which changed the baseband also and now 3g works perfect again.

so i guess if i could flash only baseband from ii5 this could maybe solve my problem without having to flash 3 firmwares in a row. the only thing i do not know is how to do this, where in the package is the baseband located, and is it possible to do so?

thanx in advance
    FadeFx

Advertisement
  2. imad

imad Active Member

Can you send and receive mms?

Even I am experiencing the same thing, but I can send mms and receive mms.

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

3. atbeyi

atbeyi Well-Known Member

I had the same problem with 3G but now i can use 3g really well with Galaxo 1.6.2

4. FadeFx

i was told that the baseband is the amss file in the firmware image, i will try my luck and push tis to my device with odin when i am back home. this would also give some option for issues with the no sleep bug i think since this seems to be radio caused also (people were talking about network locaton) maybe flashing an older baseband could fix this too i guess.

5. atbeyi

atbeyi Well-Known Member

there may be a huge problem. as i remember a guy purged his camera firmware and he tried for days to recover it.

6. FadeFx

how did he do this? by flashing baseband? i can not imagine how this should happen... camera firmware should be located in pda, or not?

7. atbeyi

atbeyi Well-Known Member

no not by doing a baseband update.. i really don't remember who he was. but he screwed up things while he was playing. i don't mean that you will delete or may delete you camera firmware by doing a baseband replace.

but as i said before just try the galaxo 1.6.2 or JC6 firmware ? if you can

8. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Well-Known Member

i believe its possible just to flash the baseband

9. FadeFx

i would not be satisfied with any 1.6 version because of missing netfilter...

10. atbeyi

atbeyi Well-Known Member

i am using 1.6 just because i want to test it
    i have the 1.5 nandroid backup cause i need to use the wifi tethering

11. magli

magli New Member

FadeFx, did you manage to flash your baseband?How does one go about doing this?

I am running Galaxo 1.6.3, but still have my original II5 baseband. I want to try updating as I am getting lots of dropped calls.

12. LN-EMD

LN-EMD Member

You should take a look here: http://androidforums.com/samsung-i7500/12651-call-rejection-hang-ups.html

The hang up problem seem to be a hardware issue. I have the same problem with my Galaxy. And I have tried lots of different firmware and basebands, like Mustymod, Galaxo 1.6.3, original II5, II8.... But nothing has helped so far.

13. magli

magli New Member

Thanks.

I have already read through that thread, but was hoping that my problem is unrelated, since the calls don't usually drop until I am in mid-conversation. Even then, the time between drops is very variable. Is it the same for you?

Also, the problem has gotten significantly worse since going from galaxo 1.6.2 to 1.6.3.

14. FadeFx

here is my baseband collection, but i dont think either this will solve your problem.

to flash just use odin, uncheck "single file" and select one of the basebands in the archive. i use ii4 now flawlessly. and i remember someone reported some files in my archive do not work, just test wich one gives you best results.

15. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Well-Known Member

you forgot to add the link

16. FadeFx

17. inFECT

inFECT Well-Known Member

18. magli

magli New Member

Danke.

I flashed a different baseband, but don't know if it's made a difference yet, as I haven't had many calls today.