Is it possible to get the upgrade price early?General

Last Updated:

1. MFFNike

MFFNike Member This Topic's Starter

I know this is a classic example of "your mileage may vary" and without getting sidetracked by a classic rant of how full upgrade prices are ridiculous:

I just bought the Eris a few months ago (switched to VZW from ATT). Is there any way I can get the upgrade price without paying $530 for this Incredible phone?

Thanks in advance for any strategies or theories!

Advertisement
  2. MyDareSucks

MyDareSucks New Member

Could someone beat this subject a little harder?

I'm not even going to explain and basically just tell you, no. They don't make many exceptions, especially with newer customers.

3. MFFNike

MFFNike Member This Topic's Starter

Great - thanks for your help. Not all of us live in an inflexible, immutable world, but enjoy paying full price for everything! I'll keep negotiating.

4. CEV

CEV Well-Known Member

How about for long time customers only 4 months away from the NE2?

5. gcherian

gcherian Member

You should be eligible for upgrade pricing of 199.99 for the phone. It is a little tough to answer if VZW will give you the NE2 credit 4 months early probably not.

About the original poster

Why not sell your eris on ebay/craiglist and put it towards the price of Inc?

6. Droidz

Droidz Well-Known Member

Make sure you ask to speak with a manager regarding your new upgrade date. Level 1 reps are idiots.

I am also 4 months away from NE2 upgrade, however the level 1 rep told me that I was not eligible for upgrade until August. I brought up the fact that because I've been a smart phone user for over 4 years they have always let me upgrade early (after 12 months), and it was like talking to a brink wall. She insisted that I was not eligible to upgrade unless I paid full retail. She then had the fortitude to ask me if there was anything else she could do for me, when in reality she had done nothing at all to start with. I replied, "I'd like to talk to a manager." To which she replied, "talking to a manager will not do you any good because you are SO far out from your upgrade date." I then do the traditional threaten to take my business to Sprint to get the EVO 4G because it will be released by the time the allow me to upgrade always, but follow up with, "I'd still prefer to speak with a manager then take my business elsewhere."

After about 5 minutes waiting on hold, manager comes on the line. Spends 2 minutes on the phone checking my account, and then moves up my upgrade date.

Moral of the story is talk to the managers, level 1 reps can't do crap for you.

The NE2 discount will not apply, but you can get the phone at contract pricing.