1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

is it possible to get viruses on droid x?

1. brute347

brute347 Well-Known Member

I haha a droid x
    Is it possible to get viruses??? I go on movie sites and stuff
    is it possible to get adware spyware viruses trojans etc et. Etc???

Advertisement
  2. dirkbonn

dirkbonn Well-Known Member

It's possible for any phone that accesses the internet to get a virus.
  3. pool_shark

pool_shark Well-Known Member

It's possible yes, but I have never known anyone to get a "virus" on a cell phone.

There were people who were infected by malicious apps, but I don't consider that the same as surfing a filesharing site and picking up a virus, although I'm sure it will start soon since smart phones are outselling PC's.
  4. sonofaresiii

sonofaresiii Well-Known Member

I can't figure out why people are so upset about viruses. Is it just me, or has viruses not been a *serious* issue since, like, 2000? I can't remember ever having an issue since, like, nimda_e.
  5. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member

I swear(conspiracy theory alert) Anti-virus software firms start(ed) them. Ok, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
  6. Metfanant

Metfanant Well-Known Member

if your device has some sort of operating system...then its possible to get a virus...however i don't know of many viruses that have been written to exploit Android...
  7. Kevmueller

Kevmueller Well-Known Member

We all already have a virus on our phones its called Blur!!!!!!

(Ok it just had to be said, even though I like the new Gingerblur)
  8. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Well-Known Member Developer

Biggest known virus to date.... WINDOWS!!!!!!!!!!!
  9. scottymedic

scottymedic Well-Known Member

+1 aint that the truth im waiting and hoping for an android os for pc if that ever happens i see microsoft being in a world of hurt
  10. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja VIP Member

microsoft would just continue to sue google, for "stealing"

much like how MS did to apple when it first came up
  11. ylexot

ylexot Well-Known Member

Chrome OS??? Or how about Honeycomb with a keyboard??? Both are available.
  12. PlayfulGod

how about linux ;) Thats all Android really is, a dumbed down linux with touch screen abilities.
  13. VoidedSaint

i would honestly, prefer a chrome os, google chrome is a beast, and possibly one of the fastest browsers on the market (POSSIBLY!!!) difficult to switch to at first, but once you get used to it, its almost perfect!
  14. PlayfulGod

eh I didnt like GC, I like Firefox lol
  15. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

You're a guide?
  16. VoidedSaint

yes i am now ^_^
    and playful i was a big time Firefox user til i tried their beta 4 i think it was, wow big mess, but it was a beta, i tested out chrome, and havent gone back yet
  17. Wally World

Wally World Well-Known Member

I Have Norton, Avira, Kapersky and Nod32 running on my X. Wonder why it's laggy? ;)
  18. Trooper

Congrats bro!

I'm still a Firefox guy. I tried Chrome and just could not bare to use it.
  19. Trooper

Lol Awesome.

Avira has an AV for Android? News to me. ;)
  20. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

Viruses are possible but it's much more likely(and easier for people who would do such things) to write a malicious app to run background services with or without your permission. It's certainly not enough of a threat to warrant anti virus apps. Just be sure to only download apps from the market (or trusted site) and from a trusted developer. Always check the reviews and comments on an app before you put it on your phone.
  21. Trooper

True statement.

Wow you're a guide now too? Gratz brother.

How's the T-Bolt doing?
    jreed2560 likes this.
  22. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy VIP Member

The Chrome OS is going to be based heavily off of cloud usage. Which will suck for Google if ISPs have their way with tiered data.
  23. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

I'm loving the thunderbolt! Thanks! But ...ahh...why do you sound so surprised :p
  24. jaiotu

jaiotu Well-Known Member

Can you get a virus on a cellphone?

YES!

Cellphones are used in close proximity to the ear, nose and mouth. Many viruses are airborne and can be transferred from an infected person to the surface of the phone where it can live for quite a while outside the human host.

There are cleaning solutions available that you can spray on your phone's exterior surfaces which will kill a large percentage of viruses (and bacteria.) I would suggest cleaning your phone regularly... escpecially if you know that you are sick or if you share the phone with someone else.

Do I need a saracasm tag?:D
  25. GandalfTehGray

GandalfTehGray Well-Known Member

lol chrome is great, runs better, however i still use firefox for college website. Their website runs better on FF for some reason