Is it possible to install Android on a java mobile

Last Updated:

1. binucs

binucs New Member

Is it possible to install Android OS on a Java mobile???

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

Welcome to Android Forums!

Theoretically, since Android is a linux based OS, it should be able to run on any device with compatible architecture. If you want to list the exact device model, maybe one of our developers can answer your question.
  3. praneeth89

praneeth89 New Member

My mobile model is samsung gt b7722 it has bada os can i install android os in it?
  4. lunatic59

Unfortunately, Android is not a generic installation. It has to be tailored for a specific device so it can communicate properly with the hardware. I have seen attempts to get other non-android phones to run Android and it's always marginal at best (a disaster at worst). If you are looking to make this your daily phone, I'd advise against it. If it's an experiment just to see if you can, then you might want to check in with the communities surrounding your specific model and ask there if any developer has tried it.
  5. kausthub ms

kausthub ms New Member

I want to change my java os phone to android
    My mobile is the Micromax x560 qube
    Please reply soon.
  6. lunatic59

Unfortunately I wasn't able to locate any specific instructions to get your phone model working with Android. I suspect that even if it were possible, it would be fat to much work for far too little result (it would run buggy, if at all.) If you want to try Android, you'd be better off replacing your existing phone rather than trying to shoehorn the Android OS onto it.
  7. JayTeeDee

JayTeeDee Member

Can I Install Android Os On My:

I Have A Data Transfer
    Cable &
    A 8Gb MicroSD

JAZZMISTRY New Member

No its not possible to change the os of respective mobiles.
  9. lunatic59

I took a look at the phone and the size alone would prevent any version of Android from working properly on this handset. Sorry.
  10. mohammadrezabg

mohammadrezabg New Member

hi can I install android on my HTC smart?
  11. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

First off welcome to the forums :)

Secondly refer to the comment below:

12. safemode

safemode New Member

its posible install andorid on this phone Iphone i5s TV and WIFI
  13. lunatic59

No, it's not possible.

Again, let me reiterate that attempts to install Android on phones not specifically designed to run Android will either run is such a poor and degraded state as to make the phone virtually unusable, or might permanently brick your phone.

It is not recommended.
  14. arodin9

arodin9 New Member

i'm wondwering if its possible to put android on a modu T phone